IX-06: Naming Schools
North Sanpete School District
Board Policy with Guidelines
|Policy Number: IX-6
Effective Date: 05/19/1983
Subject: Naming Schools
It is the policy of the North Sanpete Board of Education that all school buildings of the district shall be named to reflect the geographic area which they serve.
- In naming/renaming district school buildings, the Board will appoint an advisory committee composed of students and adults whose task it shall be to recommend to the Board of Education, without preference, three names for the building(s) being named/renamed.
- The committee will observe these guidelines:
- The name should be easily identifiable with the school.
- The name should not be in conflict with the names of other schools in the State of Utah.
- If possible, the name should be selected on a geographical basis, but more importantly, it should have significance for the students who will attend the school.
- The Board of Education shall make the final determination.