IX-04: Educational Specifications
North Sanpete School District
Board Policy with Guidelines
|Policy Number: IX-4
Effective Date: 12/16/1982
Subject: Educational Specifications
Educational specifications for new school facilities shall be developed under the direction of the Superintendent with the full participation of the professional staff, and shall be submitted for approval to the Board of Education.
The Superintendent shall utilize educational consultants, in planning specifications, as he/she deems necessary.
These specifications, when approved by the Board, shall then be discussed in conference with the architect.
- Information concerning the plan of school organization and estimated enrollment in the proposed building shall be considered.
- A description of the proposed curriculum and the teaching methods and techniques to be employed.
- A schedule of space requirements, including an indication of relative locations of various spaces.
- A desired layout of special areas and the equipment needed for such areas.
- An outline of mechanical features and special finishes desired.
- A description of standard codes and regulations (school district, city, county, and state) affecting planning.