IX-01: Maintenance of School Property
North Sanpete School District
Board Policy with Guidelines
|Policy Number: IX-1
Effective Date: 12/16/1982
Subject: Maintenance of School Property
The Board recognizes that a clean well maintained building is an integral portion of a sound educational program.
- All of the school grounds shall be kept free from trash of any sort and the asphalt-surfaced areas shall be swept as needed. Custodians shall police the grounds daily and teachers shall encourage students to help keep grounds clean and safe.
- It is the responsibility of the Director of Buildings and Grounds in cooperation with school principals, to assure that all buildings are kept clean, attractive, safe, and in good repair. Teachers are expected to carefully supervise children inside and outside of buildings and to help educate them concerning their responsibilities relative to the care of facilities and equipment.
- Teachers shall report to the administration, any repairs needed or any concerns about building care and cleanliness.
- All employees and students shall share the responsibility for proper care of equipment. The responsible party shall be required to make restitution for any malicious damage to buildings or equipment.
- The primary responsibility for all buildings and grounds maintenance, including snow removal, shall be the principal's. The principal normally will delegate responsibility to the building custodian.
- Although the Board employs workers whose assignment it is to maintain buildings and grounds, it is the responsibility of all employees and students to assist in the proper maintenance of grounds, buildings, and equipment.
- Each building shall be inspected a minimum of once each month by the principal and custodian. The inspection report shall be signed by the principal and the custodian and submitted to the Assistant Administrator/Operations by the end of each month.
- At the end of each school year the principal shall submit to the Administrative Assistant a complete analysis of the needed building repairs and special maintenance projects that shall be placed in priority order.