X-08: School Bus Maintenance (Safety Inspection)
North Sanpete School District
Board Policy with Guidelines
Policy Number: X-8
Subject: School Bus Maintenance (Safety Inspection)
Each school bus shall be inspected by the driver daily, before use, to ascertain that it is in safe condition, equipped as required by all provisions of law, and that all equipment is in good working order.
- Each school bus driver shall submit a written report immediately to the Director of Transportation when defects have been observed.
- No pupil shall be transported until any defects discovered have been corrected.
- Whenever, in the judgment of the driver, the condition of the vehicle renders it unsafe for continued use, the driver shall immediately stop the bus and notify the district office.
- An accurate record shall be kept by the Director of Transportation of all maintenance on each school bus.
- The Director of Transportation shall establish an effective preventive maintenance program for all school owned vehicles.