X-02: Superintendent's Car
North Sanpete School District
Board Policy with Guidelines
Policy Number: X-2
Subject: Superintendent's Car
The Board of Education recognizes that the superintendent of schools, in the pursuance of his numerous responsibilities, has need for an automobile. It approves, under the conditions defined, the purchase or rental of an automobile by the district.
- When the superintendent wishes to procure an automobile, he shall make a recommendation to the Board concerning a rental or purchase arrangement.
- The basic purpose of an automobile provided by the district is to provide transportation for the superintendent for business reasons.
- The district will pay all cost of maintenance, insurance, licenses, rental fee, if any, and all other operating costs.
- As a general rule, an automobile will be eligible for replacement when it is either three years old or has been driven in excess of 70,000 miles.
- All traffic violations incurred through the use of the district-provided automobile are the financial responsibility of the superintendent.
- The superintendent must maintain a monthly log of miles a district provided automobile is driven.
- The superintendent is permitted to garage the superintendent's car at his/her home.