X-03: District Owned Vehicles
North Sanpete School District
Board Policy with Guidelines
|Policy Number: X-3
Effective Date: 08/25/1983
Subject: District Owned Vehicles
The North Sanpete School District shall provide a limited number of vehicles, other than busses, for school purposes.
- Vehicles may be reserved by submitting a transportation request to the district office. When the request originates at the building level, the principal must give prior approval.
- A gasoline credit card may be checked out from the district office for use in school vehicles. This card must be returned when the vehicle has been returned.
- Mileage and maintenance records along with fuel receipts are to be maintained for all district vehicles.
- All district vehicle travel originates at the district office in Mt. Pleasant. District vehicles will be secured at the district transportation compound each evening. Exceptions to this guideline require Board approval in long-term situations and administrative approval for short-term situations.
- All accidents and/or emergencies must be reported to the Business Administrator, Transportation Supervisor, or the Superintendent.
- No individual under the age of 18 will drive a district-owned vehicle.