V-08 In-District School Choice Policy
North Sanpete School District
Board Policy with Guidelines
|Policy Number: V-08
Effective Date: 08/20/2019
Subject: In-District School Choice Policy
North Sanpete School District resident parents requesting that their child attend a North Sanpete School District school other than their school of residence, need to simply write a letter of request to the school board explaining their request. Requests for dual immersion and out of district students must follow the Open Enrollment Policy.
In-district school choice requests follow the process below:
- Parent writes a letter to the school board explaining their request.
- Principal(s) make a recommendation to the school board.
- If recommended by the principal(s), the superintendent provides temporary approval pending the next board meeting.
- If temporarily approved by the superintendent, the student may enroll and start attending the non-resident school pending the next school board meeting.
- The school board will consider the request at the next regularly scheduled board meeting.
- If approved, students must follow all district and school rules, including attendance requirements, safe school rules, etc., or school choice permission may be revoked.
- Annual application is not needed for the student to continue enrollment once permission is granted.