IV-50: Transfer of Classified Employees
North Sanpete School District
Board Policy with Guidelines
|Policy Number: IV–50
Effective Date: 12/16/1982
Subject: Transfer of Classified Employees
In facilitation of its efforts to provide for the children of the district the best educational program possible, the Board of Education must enjoy maximum flexibility in the transfer and reassignment of employees. Therefore, the Board reserves to itself complete authority for the transfer and reassignment of its employees.
- Whenever a vacancy occurs in a school during the school year because of resignation or retirement of an employee, the district administration shall post a notice of such vacancy in each school in the district for a period of not less than ten school days.
- Whenever a vacancy is announced for the following school year, the district administration shall post a notice for such vacancy in each school in the district for a period of not less than two calendar weeks and shall advertise the vacancy in a newspaper of district wide circulation not less than twice, once during each of two weeks.
- Current employees shall be invited to make application for announced vacancies. The notice of each notice of vacancy shall include the final date for accepting applications.
- Upon the recommendation of the Superintendent, an employee may, at the discretion of the Board, be transferred from one school to another.
- Any transfer of an employee during the school year must be in good faith and for good reason and based upon actual conditions.