IV-05: Special Education Coordinator
North Sanpete School District
Board Policy with Guidelines
|Policy Number: IV-5
Effective Date: 12/16/1982
Subject: Special Education Coordinator
The Special Education Coordinator is directly responsible to the Administrative Assistant of Instruction for the coordination and management of the Special Education program within the district.
- Provide in-service training for all Special Education teachers, informing them. Of laws pertinent to Special Education, and exposing them to new program ideas.
- Collect, evaluate, and report on the enrollment statistics in the Special Education programs.
- Serve as a liaison between the state and the District Special Education staff and administration.
- Responsible for the management of the Special Education budget, completion of proposals and grant requests, determination of budget expenditure and management and distribution of Special Education materials.
- Responsible for interpreting Special Education procedures, goals, and policies to all staff members, educators visiting the schools, and the community.
- Work with Special Education teachers in classifying handicapped students and attending IEP teaming sessions.
- Keep teachers and administrators advised of current regulations governing and attending IEP teaming sessions.
- Correlate medical, psychological, and educational services in case of contacted student placement. Evaluate program and attend IEP teaming sessions.
- Assist in representing the school district in regional or state meetings regarding Special Education.
- Handle routine correspondence relating to the operation of Special Education programs.
- Perform related duties as required.