IV-04: School Nurse
North Sanpete School District
Board Policy with Guidelines
|Policy Number: IV-4
Effective Date: 12/16/1982
Subject: School Nurse
The school Nurse is directly responsible to the Administrative Assistant of Instruction. Total responsibility shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Plan and direct screening and health appraisal programs; interpret resulting needs to parents, teacher and child; make referrals and follow-ups where required; responsible for maintaining all health records in the District.
- Plan, contribute and evaluate curriculum materials for the health education program; recognize and utilize health teaching opportunities; conduct some planned teaching activities under the direction of the classroom teacher and building administrator; maintain and distribute appropriate health materials for classroom use.
- Maintain knowledge of sanitation and safety health factors; take responsibility for making appropriate recommendations to maintenance personnel and/or supervisor for implementation of necessary sanitation and safety health standards; aid in promoting teaching opportunities in above areas.
- Assist in assessing the background of "needy" students to evaluate eligibility for welfare or free school lunch programs.
- Assume responsibility for the ordering and maintaining of health and first aid supplies for the schools.
- Act as a liaison between the Superintendent and those agencies which can or are providing health services to students of the North Sanpete School District.
- Assist the County Health Officer in matters affecting the school, i.e., immunizations, clinics, emergency health care, etc.
- Perform related duties as required.