IV-40: Professional Growth Leave
North Sanpete School District
Board Policy with Guidelines
|Policy Number: IV-40
Effective Date: 12/16/1982
Subject: Professional Growth Leave
Each full-time regular employee shall be provided one (1) day leave each year for the purpose of professional growth.
- It is expected that the employee will visit another school that has been identified as a successful program or classroom in the respective discipline or grade level of the teacher.
- The teacher shall submit a one page summary of his/her findings and analysis of his/her visit to the Principal of his/her school, with a copy being placed in the permanent file of the teacher.
- The time of the leave shall be a joint agreement between the employee and his/her immediate administrator.
- This leave is not to be used for personal services.
- This leave is not accumulative.