IV-18: Physical Examination for Personnel
North Sanpete School District
Board Policy with Guidelines
|Policy Number: IV–18
Effective Date: 08/25/1983
Subject: Physical Examination for Personnel
For the welfare of all personnel and for the protection of students, the Board of Education requires a thorough pre-employment physical examination and may require a follow-up physical examination of employees to insure this protection.
- Professional employees shall secure from their building principals or from the school superintendent health certification forms which they will present to their own physician for completion.
- The cost of physical examinations shall be borne by each individual employee.
- Presence of contagious diseases detrimental to the health of students of the district shall be grounds for denial of employment initially or termination of employment either temporarily or permanently.
- Completed health forms shall be filed in each individual employee's personal file in the office of the superintendent.
- When, in the Judgment of the Board of Education or the Superintendent, an employee may be required to have a physical examination to insure the protection of children and employees:
- District forms shall he used.
- The district shall pay for this examination.