IV-11: Food Service Supervisor
North Sanpete School District
Board Policy with Guidelines
|Policy Number: IV–II
Effective Date: 12/16/1982
Subject: Food Service Supervisor
The Foods Service Supervisor is directly responsible to the Assistant Administrator/Operations. Total responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Help in setting up school food service policies on a district basis, and to coordinate and supervise the school food service program to assure that it is administered in accordance with federal laws, state board regulations, and district policies.
- Confer with and advise school officials on problems that arise under the various aspects of the program.
- Provide leadership in defining nutritional and educational objectives.
- Evaluate all phases of the school food service program, identify needs, and implement program improvement. Cooperate with other school personnel and educational agency teams in conducting program evaluation or accreditation studies.
- Be responsible for central menu planning and supervise school food service operations to assure that meals served are nutritionally adequate.
- Promote good nutrition of the students within the district by encouraging participation in the lunch program and by promoting nutrition education activities in the schools and community.
- Promote public interest in, and understanding of, the school food service program through informal talks, public addresses, news releases, and other available means.
- Prepare a budget and review financial status of the school foods service program.
- Supervise the preparation of reports, records, and inventories.
- Be responsible for the bidding and purchase of all food, equipment, and other supplies.
- Teach, direct, and counsel managers in the operation of their programs within each school.
- Be responsible for maintaining acceptable standards of sanitation and safety in the school food service program.
- Perform related duties as required.