IV-52: Part-time Classified Personnel
North Sanpete School District
Board Policy with Guidelines
|Policy Number: IV-52
Effective Date: 03/10/1987
Subject: Part-time Classified Personnel
Part-time classified personnel may be employed to fulfill specific needs.
- Part-time employees shall be required to meet the same legal standards as regular full time employees.
- Part-time employees shall be selected, screened, and employed on the same basis as a regular full time employee.
- The employee shall be paid only for the time that they work or provide supervisory services.
- The employees must be contracted twenty (20) or more hours per week to participate in the health, accident, and disability insurance program.
- The employee benefit provisions shall be provided by the school district the proportional amount of the employees time that is contracted over the twenty (20) or more hours per week.
- In the event the employee elects to participate in this insurance program, the employee's contribution to the premium will be deducted on a monthly basis.
- In the event the employee elects not to participate in this insurance program, the employee will not be paid the cost of the insurance premium.
- Part-time employees are to conduct themselves in the same professional manner of full time employees. This includes attendance at all in-service meetings held at the school building and district building. The employee shall be compensated, at their regular rate of pay, for attendance at required meetings.