IV-03: Classroom Teacher
North Sanpete School District
Board Policy with Guidelines
|Policy Number: IV‑3
Effective Date: 12/16/1982
Revised Date: 12/04/2018
Subject: Classroom Teacher
The teacher shall be under the immediate supervision of the School Principal. The teacher will provide an educational program for pupils in grades K-12 and assist in other school programs as assigned.
- Keep informed of current educational trends and developments through professional literature, attendance at conferences, classes, meetings, seminars, etc.
- Attend district and school sponsored professional development.
- Employees are expected to participate in professional development as a part of their contracted responsibilities.
- It is understood that the employee has many responsibilities, therefore, it is essential that professional development be coordinated and that personal time be considered when planning professional development to limit overburdening employees.
- Meet obligations as specified by the Board of Education in Board policies.
- Share in responsibility for effective operation of the school program.
- Diagnose, plan, develop, implement and evaluate appropriate learning activities for the student.
- Monitor student progress by evaluating and by maintaining records.
- Conduct conferences with student, parents, and support personnel.
- Help to develop in the student a positive self image, an understanding of the self and of others.
- Provide opportunities for students to accept responsibilities.
- Demonstrate willingness to accept change or suggestions.
- Maintain student rapport and classroom control.
- Demonstrate knowledge of subject matter.
- Blend individual program into school program and provide for student growth and enrichment which applies to one specific teaching assignment.
- Attend staff meetings as required and serve on staff committees as
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Perform related duties as assigned.