VI-35: Textbook Selection and Adoption
North Sanpete School District
Board Policy with Guidelines
|Policy Number: VI-35
Effective Date: 12/16/1982
Subject: Textbook Selection and Adoption
It is the policy of the North Sanpete Board of Education to provide a wide range of instructional materials on varying levels of difficulty, with diversity of appeal and points of view.
- All textbooks that are adopted shall comply with the Utah State Office of Education rules and regulations and shall be on the approved textbook list.
- A regular schedule of adoption shall be established and followed so that a continuous upgrading of the textbooks will take place.
- A committee of administrators and faculty members shall review available texts and make recommendations to the Superintendent as to the textbook that is to be approved.
- Public notice shall be given through the media that a new textbook will be adopted at a specific school board meeting, and that the proposed new adoption may be reviewed at the school district office. The public may make recommendations to the school board.
- The Superintendent shall present to the Board of Education the list of recommended textbooks for their formal approval.