VI-17: Testing Program
North Sanpete School District
Board Policy with Guidelines
|Policy Number: VI-17
Effective Date: 12/16/1982
Subject: Testing Program
The North Sanpete School District shall establish and maintain a standardized basic testing program which can be used, communicated, and interpreted by school and by district. The program shall include those tests required by state law plus additional tests as may be approved.
- The purpose of the program is to facilitate:
- a qualitative assessment of the educational program of the district for purposes of reporting the overall status of the district and charting the growth of its pupils, grades, schools, and areas from year to year;
- appropriate reports to the Board;
- interpretation and use by the teacher, counselor, and administrator so that the test findings will influence the guidance and counseling of individual children, and the development of a high quality curriculum.
- The program shall reflect the academic growth to pupils according to their own mental capacities and to local and national norms; minimize the workload of school personnel in terms of test administration, scoring, interpretation, and use; be adequate and financially feasible; require reasonable training for involved school personnel; and assess the growth of pupils in the basic skills and subjects in the elementary and secondary grades.