VI-05: Instructional Materials for Students
North Sanpete School District
Board Policy with Guidelines
|Policy Number: VI-5
Effective Date: 12/16/1982
Subject: Instructional Materials for Students
Students will be provided, by the school each year, reasonable amounts of instructional materials. Students shall be required to reimburse the school for lost or damaged textbooks and other non-disposable instructional materials.
- The school shall make effort to loan to each student textbooks and other instructional supplies.
- At the time such books and materials are assigned, a record will be made indicating the nature and condition of the item. A signature will be secured from each student for each item borrowed.
- Students who lose or damage instructional materials shall be required to reimburse the school for replacement costs.
- Teachers may dispense to each student a reasonable amount of disposable instructional supplies such as paper, pencils, crayons, etc. Students may be required to provide their own supplies if school-issued supplies are not cared for properly.
- The Board may set rental fees for the use of textbooks.