VI-14: Extra-Class Activities
North Sanpete School District
Board Policy with Guidelines
|Policy Number: VI-14
Effective Date: 12/16/1982
Subject: Extra-Class Activities
Properly planned, appropriately supervised extra-class activities are authorized by the Board if such activities are approved in advance by the principal.
- No student may be required to participate in extra-class activities.
- An extra-class activity is defined as an approved school activity which extends beyond the normal school day. Athletic contests, socials, and other group activities are examples. Homework is not considered an extra-class activity.
- Only school-sponsored extra-class activities shall be supervised by school employees. Other than school-sponsored activities may be held on school premises but are not the responsibility of the school.
- Supervisors of school-sponsored activities are responsible for the safety and proper behavior of students.
- No student may participate in a school-sponsored extra-class activity unless he or she has parental approval to remain at school or return to school for the activity.