VI-25: Eligibility Requirements for Inter-school Competition
North Sanpete School District
Board Policy with Guidelines
|Policy Number: VI-25
Effective Date: 12/16/1982
Subject: Eligibility Requirements for Inter-School Competition
Where school activities result in inter-school competition, students will be required to maintain reasonable scholastic performance.
- An individual must be a full time student in order to be eligible to represent his/her school in interscholastic competition.
- Students shall not be eligible to participate in interscholastic activities if they are failing in any class. Each student must maintain an overall average of 2.0 in their classes.
- Grade checks are made at term report cards.
- Students failing to maintain the necessary scholarship will be considered ineligible and removed from competition until deficiencies are overcome.
- It will be the responsibility of those faculty members having groups competing to list names of the students participating and to check as to the eligibility of each student.
- Students who represent the school in inter-school competition are expected to adhere to school rules and policies regardless of the time or location of that activity. Poor citizenship may be cause for removal from that activity.
- Students in inter-school competition will adhere to such rules of conduct or training as the participating group itself shall make. All infractions of these rules will be evaluated by the principal, advisor, and participating group.