VI-41: Class Size
North Sanpete School District
Board Policy with Guidelines
|Policy Number: VI-41
Effective Date: 12/16/1982
Subject: Class Size
The Board is aware that class size has bearing upon effective teaching. It, therefore, directs the superintendent to work with principals in establishing a reasonable and equitable class enrollment for each teacher.
- The Board understands that achieving this goal is dependent upon the financial ability of the school district. In determining the size of various classes, the administration will consider the following factors:
- The type of load which will help the teacher be most effective with the children in the class.
- The experience of the teacher and his/her familiarity with District programs and policies.
- Distribution among teachers of out-of-class activities.
- Required preparation and correction time for the particular class.