VIII-17: Check Writing Services
North Sanpete School District
Board Policy with Guidelines
|Policy Number: VIII-17
Effective Date: 12/16/1982
Subject: Check Writing Services
The Board of Education authorizes the use of a check-signing machine.
- Signatures, including facsimile signatures of the Board chairman and the clerk/treasurer are to be used on checks.
- The treasurer may sign checks in accordance with the provisions of the state statutes.
- The check-signing machine and the signature plate shall be stored in the vault.
- The signing of blank checks shall be prohibited.
- All void or spoiled checks shall be marked and retained and the signature section shall be removed and destroyed.