VII-01: School Community Relations
North Sanpete School District
Board Policy with Guidelines
|Policy Number: VII-1
Effective Date: 12/16/1982
Subject: School Community Relations
The Board, in an effort to ensure and enhance the possibilities for excellence in the education of our children in a free society, presents and endorses this statement of policy on school and community relations because of its conviction that (a) the public schools belong in every sense to the people who created them by consent, and support them by taxation; (b) the schools are only as strong as the intelligent and informed support of the people of the community, and never any stronger; and (a) the support of the people must be based upon their knowledge of, their understanding about, and their participation in the aims and efforts of the public schools.
- To develop intelligent citizen understanding of the school system in all aspects of its operation.
- To determine how the citizenry feels about the school system and what it wishes the school system to accomplish.
- To develop citizen understanding of the need for adequate financial support for a sound educational program.
- To help citizens assume a more direct responsibility for the quality of education the school system provides.
- To earn the good will, respect, and confidence of the citizenry in the personnel and services of the school system.
- To bring about citizen understanding of the need for the improvement and what must be done to facilitate essential change.
- To involve citizens in the work of the Board and the solving of its educational problems.
- To invite the assistance, cooperation, and understanding of elected and appointed town officials and committees in the development of educational programs and facilities.
- To promote a genuine spirit of cooperation between the Board and community in sharing leadership for the improvement of the community.