North Sanpete School District
Board Policy With Guidelines
|Policy Number: VII-31
Effective Date: 07/17/2007
Pets are allowed in our school building as long as a parent accompanies the pet and has made prior arrangements with the teacher that the pet is visiting.
- Pets should be healthy and safe for children to be around.
- It is the parent's responsibility to clean up after their pet.
- Pets are not allowed to stay at the school building for an entire school day.
- Parents are responsible for taking the pet home.
- Classroom pets are allowed in the building if the teacher maintains healthy environment for the pet. Classroom pets should be safe for children to be around. It is not the responsibility of the school to maintain the care of the pet on the weekend. Teachers must maintain care throughout the weekend for the pet.
- Large pets such as dogs, cats, etc. are not acceptable for classroom pets.
- The classroom teacher will provide all care.