VII-05: Off Campus Speakers
North Sanpete School District
Board Policy with Guidelines
|Policy Number: VII-5
Effective Date: 12/16/1982
Subject: Off-Campus Speakers
It is desirable that a variety of opinions and ideas be presented to students through the use of outside speakers. However, each request by a teacher, student, or other patron of the school system to bring in a particular resource person will be evaluated individually by the school principal according to the following guidelines:
- The school principal should investigate fully the proposed resource person that has been requested to speak to the school.
- Prior to his or her appearance or participation, the resource person shall be given in writing and shall agree to abide by the following Board regulations:
- Profanity, vulgarity, and lewd comments are prohibited.
- Smoking is not permitted while speaking or consulting with students.
- The principal has the right and duty to interrupt or suspend any proceedings if the conduct of
the resource person is judged to be in poor taste or endangering to the health and safety of
students and staff.