VII-20: Emergency Preparedness Procedures
North Sanpete School District
Board Policy with Guidelines
|Policy Number: VII-20
Effective Date: 12/16/1982
Subject: Emergency Preparedness/Procedures
Each school shall have on file the Emergency Preparedness Plan.
- A copy of the plan shall be submitted. to the Superintendent.
- In the event, that any such emergency or disaster should arise, the administrators and faculty members would be responsible for the safety and survival of their students.
- Faculty members and other employed personnel of the school system should be cognizant of emergencies and disasters that could occur in the schools. They should understand, be trained and prepared to react correctly in the event of an emergency or disaster.
- Procedures shall be established for the following emergencies, as well as all other emergencies that the principal deems as needed:
- Nuclear attacks
- Bomb threat
- All warning devices or procedures shall be clearly defined.
- It is recommended that this plan be updated and revised each year and that all personnel employed by the school receive the necessary education and training to fulfill their responsibilities in case an emergency and/or disaster should occur.
- The Superintendent and his designee are authorized to make public statements with reference to the school position in regards to an emergency condition.