VII-12: Advertising in the Schools
North Sanpete School District
Board Policy with Guidelines
|Policy Number: VII-12
Effective Date: 12/16/82
Subject: Advertising in the Schools
Neither the facilities, the name, the staff, nor the children of the schools, school system, nor any part thereof shall be employed in any manner for advertising or otherwise promoting the interests of any commercial or other nonschool agency or organization except that:
- The school may cooperate in furthering the work of any nonprofit community-wide social service agency, provided that such cooperation does not restrict or impair the educational program of the schools.
- The schools may use films or other educational materials bearing only simple mention of the producing or sponsoring firm.
- The schools may participate in radio or television programs under acceptable commercial sponsorship when such participation is supplementary or beneficial to the program of the schools.
- The superintendent may, at his or her discretion, announce or authorize to be announced any lecture or other community activity of particular educational merit.
- The schools may, upon approval of the superintendent, cooperate with any governmental agency in promoting activities in the general public interest which are nonpartisan and noncontroversial and which promote the education or other best interests of the pupils.
- School publications may accept and publish paid advertising under established procedures.
- Advertising materials of commercial, political, or religious nature should not be displayed or distributed in the schools or on the school grounds. Pupils may not be used as the agents for distributing nonschool materials to the homes without the approval if the superintendent.