XI-08: Health Services
North Sanpete School District
Board Policy with Guidelines
|Policy Number: XI-8
Effective Date: 12/16/1982
Subject: Health Services
In order for a student to obtain his/her potential in learning from the school program, the North Sanpete Board of Education recognizes the need for proper health services.
- A certified school nurse shall be employed to administer and manage the health service program.
- The nurse shall work through the principal to make certain that each school has emergency procedures and first aid equipment.
- At least once each school year, the nurse shall inventory the first aid equipment and review the emergency procedures that are on file at each school.
- Medicines shall not he administered to students unless prior permission is obtained from the parent/guardian.
- All immunization procedures, as required by law, shall be instituted. The school nurse shall work with the building principal to enforce this regulation.
- A close linkage shall be established with the County Mental Health Agency so that services can be provided to students and their families as needed. The district psychologist shall have the primary responsibility for this service.
- The district will provide services to identify and remediate communication disorders through a specialist whom the district will employ.
- The district psychologist, communications specialist, and school nurse shall report directly to the Assistant Administrator/ Instruction.
- Accurate and up-to-date records shall be maintained for all services rendered.