III-14: Provisional Period for Certificated Administrative Employees
North Sanpete School District
Board Policy with Guidelines
|Policy Number: III-14
Effective Date: 12/16/1982
Subject: Provisional Period for Certificated Administrative Employees
There shall be no specified provisional period for professional administrative/supervisory employees. By state statute, superintendents are extended two-year contracts. All other professional administrative employees serve as administrators/supervisors at the pleasure of the Board.
- The term “certificated administrative employees” shall include all employees whose position requires an administrative or supervisory credential issued by the Utah State Board of Education.
- If certificated administrative or supervisory employees are selected from among the ranks of teachers, those selected may request reassignment to the position of teacher. If, they are terminated from an administrative or supervisory position.
- If administrative or supervisory employees are returned to the teaching ranks, they must complete the provisional period required of all teachers, if the provisional period was not completed prior to the assignment to an administrative or supervisory position.
- If administrative or supervisory employees are selected from among the ranks of teachers, they may request assignment to the position of teacher if they are terminated from an administrative or supervisory position, but they shall be required to serve the provisional period required of teachers. No credit toward tenure is awarded to those occupying administrative or supervisory positions.
- Any administrative or supervisory employer, who is assigned or reassigned to the teacher ranks, shall be entitled only to the salary appropriate to his or her place on the teacher's salary schedule.