III-21: School Calendar
North Sanpete School District
Board Policy with Guidelines
Policy Number: III-21
Subject: School Calendar and Contract Days for Certificated Employees
The school calendar shall be set by the Board of Education.
- The Superintendent shall consult with other district administrators, principals, the faculty association, and other interested parties in determining a recommendation to the Board of Education in setting the school calendar.
- The district will comply with all laws of the State of Utah, rules and regulations of the State Board of Education.
- The State Board of Education prescribes a minimum of 180 days for a regular school year.
- Teachers shall have as a portion of their contract an additional three (3) days for in-service and for preparation time.
- Elementary principals shall work 210 days.
- Middle school principals shall work 215 days.
- High school vice principals shall work 213 days.
- High school principal shall be on a year-round contract with vacation time equal to district office administrators.
- High school counselors shall have as a portion of their contract thirty (30) additional days for in-service and preparation time. Middle and elementary school counselors shall have as a portion of their contract twenty (20) extra days for in-service and preparation time.
- Instructional Coaches shall have as a portion of their contract ten (10) additional days for in-service and preparation time.
- School and district offices shall be closed on the approved school holidays.
- School calendar for the upcoming school year will be approved in the February board meeting.
- Once adopted, the school calendar may be changed only by the Board of Education with the exception that, in an emergency, it may be changed by the Superintendent.