III-11: Assistant Superintendent
North Sanpete School District
Board Policy with Guidelines
|Policy Number: III-11
Effective Date: 03/21/1985
Subject: Assistant Superintendent
It is the policy of the Board that an Assistant Superintendent shall be appointed.
- Shall be responsible for all district operations in the Superintendent's absence from the district.
- Shall work in close harmony with, the Business Administrator/Treasurer for department budget control and shall assist in, determining the budget for supplies, textbook needs, and instructional equipment.
- Evaluate the instructional program and work with district committees to organize in-service training programs and in the selection of supplies and textbooks, in order that improvements may be made.
- Direct audiovisual education, library services, community education, specially funded programs, pupil services, and coordinate funds for summer school.
- Review all applications for federal and state funding for special projects relating to instruction.
- Work with community and state groups in furthering and facilitating education.
- Be responsible for district-wide health services and instruction.
- Provide for and cause to be analyzed, evaluative data, through the application of a district-wide testin program.
- Shall keep a roster of all approved positions within the school district.
- Shall be responsible for identifying, screening, and selection of all new personnel.
- Shall be responsible to maintain an up-to-date confidential, secured personal file on all employees in the district.
- Shall be responsible for an evaluation procedure for all school personnel except the Superintendent. The Superintendent is the responsibility of the Board of Education.
- Have general responsibility for the maintenance of buildings, grounds, and equipment.
- Be responsible for district-wide custodial services.
- Work on special projects as assigned by the Superintendent.