RULES FOR RIDING THE BUS ARE DESIGNED TO ENSURE SAFETY, ORDER AND THE PROTECTION OF THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS
- Follow all bus driver directions promptly.
- Approach the bus only after it has completely stopped and the driver motions him/her forward.
- Remain seated while bus is moving.
- Be courteous to all persons at all times. No fighting, loud noise, profanities, or obscene gestures.
- Keep head, hands, feet and other objects to self and inside the bus.
- Throwing objects inside the bus or out of windows is prohibited.
- Keep flame-producing objects off the bus.
- No animals (dead or alive) on the bus.
- Follow driver’s direction regarding food and drink.
- Wear appropriate clothing as outlined in the District’s student dress code.
- Ride only assigned bus unless a permission slip is obtained from the principal.
- Exit the bus at assigned stop unless a permission slip is obtained from the principal.
CONSEQUENCES: Verbal warning, parent notification, reassignment of seating are possible consequences drivers may use to help your student improve behavior. Bus privileges may be suspended for habitual breaking of rules or severe behavior, which endangers the safety, and welfare of others.
Examples of such behavior are: Open defiance of driver; Physical endangerment to others; Vandalism or property destruction; Having flame or smoke-producing objects on the bus.